March 6, 2020

13(-10) Reasons Why (You MUST Read "The Murder at the Vicarage" by Agatha Christie)

Warning!! You will not be able to stop reading this book!
Caution is advised.

Agatha Christie’s The Murder at the Vicarage is a fascinating book. Just like the other books involving the sleuth Miss Marple, this book is a work of art. Let me introduce you to Miss Marple. Miss Marple is an elderly woman who lives in the small town of St. Mary Mead. Because of her living to an old age, and being in a small village, Miss Marple has been able to examine human nature and uses this fact to her advantage when sleuthing. Anyway, enough about the main character, let’s talk about the book. These are the 3 reasons why you should read The Murder at the Vicarage.

1. Murder mysteries are the best type of books
This statement is completely opinion based, but I will explain why in my opinion this is an objective truth. I enjoy the suspense that is involved in this book and that is involved in most murder mysteries. Murder mysteries are also my favorite because the reader can attempt to solve the mystery along with the sleuth.
2. Agatha Christie is hands down the best murder mystery author
Many people will try to argue with this by saying that I forgot about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, but indeed, as I just proved, I did not. Of course, I have not read all of the murder mystery novels on the planet so this is a bit of an exageration but from my experience Agatha Christie is the best. Although I do love Sherlock Holmes, it is too unrealistic for me. The Miss Marple books are very realistic and this allows the reader to have a better chance at solving the mystery. Agatha Christie also writes in a style that makes the novel very suspenseful which makes the experience even more entertaining.
3. The Murder at the Vicarage is a page-turner
This book in particular is very intriguing because the murder occurs in such a holy place as a vicarage. It seems so odd and yet it happens. Every page there is new evidence and information that may be useful or just a red herring. You can never know who is telling the truth which is what keeps you on your toes and always thinking about this case.

Who will solve the mystery first: you or Miss Marple? Good luck!

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post! Your title was eye-catching and funny, which set the tone for your blog post. I think you could add a little more information about the plot, but I think your list did a good enough job to convince readers to read The Murder at the Vicarage. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog post! You did a good job explaining the content of this book and put your own creative spin on this post, to which I really enjoyed! One critique I have is that I would have loved to see more summarization of the content book, but this post was convincing nonetheless, so great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this blog post because it felt the most unique of any blog post I've seen this year. It's the most openly opinionated which is a nice change of pace and it feels most like an online listicle. The actual content is also pretty good, and though I disagree with your Sherlock Holmes opinion, I can see where you're coming from. Overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciated how straightforward you were with your opinions in this post, like when you said that murder mysteries were the best type of book. I also loved how you controversially said that you preferred Agatha Christie's work to the Sherlock Holmes book. Also, sick title. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I also have not read all of the books in the murder mystery genre. However, because Agatha Christie is a well-known author and because of your blog post, I can see why people might like her more than other mystery writers. Your blog stands out because you decided to make a bold claim (saying that you think murder mysteries are the best type of books), and many other bloggers are unwilling to take a risk sharing their raw opinions. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I read a murder mystery was probably in 5th grade, since I loved Nancy Drew back then. However, this book sounds interesting, and you pointed out some good reasons why we should read it as well. Your title was clever and caught my eye and you backed up all of your opinions with your own reasons. While you might have included more analysis on the book, this was an interesting blog post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this book, however after reading this blog post the book itself looks pretty interesting to me. I also have a love for mystery/suspense books, and I think this will be perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I have not read this book, I have read other books by this same author, and they seemed to be very interesting. The way you explained how murder mysteries are the best types of books really made me think, which is quite hard to do. I also appreciate how you explained the book was a page-turner.

    ReplyDelete